Monday, March 18, 2019

Canine Emotions

This was a close up study of a dog's eye reflecting an urban area. It was also a graphite value study, so the only materials used were a mechanical pencil and a 4B pencil for the darkest areas. It was later trimmed down the the outside of the square to fit a 5 x 7 frame. I really wish I had a smaller eraser so I could have exaggerated the highlights in the fur a little better because it was difficult to do so on such a small drawing. I enjoyed this piece because I love working with graphite, dogs are my favorite animals, and I really liked the challenge of doing a reflective surface. My least favorite think about this is the weakness of the fur and I truly wish I have better materials to work with. This was also great practice for me on animal fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment