Monday, March 18, 2019

Comanche Adam

This is a white colored pencil portrait of my boyfriend. He is truly my best friend and one of the most important people in my life right now and I wanted to show my appreciation for him through my artwork. He was ecstatic about seeing the end result of this and the mediums used are one of all time favorite combinations, other than charcoal and soft pastels. This entire drawing was with white colored pencils on black paper. I also used a black colored pencil the same shade as the paper to fix errors. According to his family and myself as well I captured his likeness very well and although his was not my neatest drawing, it was one of the most sentimental I have created. I am very proud of the face and textures of the hair and facial hair specifically. I also believe I did well on the shirt considering the pattern of it was hard to decipher from the reference photo he took of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment