Monday, March 18, 2019

Youth


This was another commission I have done this semester. Originally, it was just a request my father made for me to draw his girlfriend granddaughter. Later, after giving her the gift for her birthday, they unexpectedly paid me for my work. This was also my very first attempt at drawing a child, let alone a baby. Although I do not know the child personally, I really believe I captured her as she was in the exact moment the photo was taken. This was drawing using a mechanical pencil for the general sketch and detail and a 4B pencil for the darkest values and to create the texture of the skin. If I would have done anything differently about this, it would have been to add more to the background. I left it blank other than the implied lines of the car seat because the infant was all that was requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment