Monday, March 18, 2019

McGregor


An older drawing of mine from 2017. This is a white colored pencil portrait of the UFC champion, Conor McGregor. I was very into UFC at the time of this drawing and this was also my very first white colored pencil an black paper drawing. I only used white colored pencil, black paper, and a black colored pencil to adjust errors. I absolutely love the mediums used in this because working with the highlights instead of the shadows is something different than I typically do and I really believe it helped me develop my value skills further. Not only can I exaggerate the contrast with shadows on white paper, but now I have also learned to the same with highlights on dark paper. I am most proud of the texture of his hair and skin, as well as the flow of the fabric of the Irish flag around his shoulders. The chest tattoo was also exciting because I do not normally do tattoo art and the style of it is not my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment